Every detail is carefully chosen to ensure sustainability
Recycled, natural and recyclable materials
- Felt made from 100% post-consumer plastic bottle recycling, GRS certified. The company is Italian and follows the 4sustainability protocol for the elimination of toxic and harmful substances.
- Natural cork or cork dyed with water-based colours, produced in Italy and REACH certified.
- Vegan solvent free leatherette , Italian and REACH, Fda and ZDHC certified.
- Ribbon from regenerated fibres. All the shoulder straps of our bags are made with a regenerated ribbon produced in Italy from recycled cotton and fibres from recycled used clothes and production waste.
- PLA, hemp and wood. Tags and loops on our backpacks, as well as our charms and our Whale Stand are printed with compostable PLA and Hemp or PLA and Wood filaments.
- Piñatex, a non-woven fabric made from pineapple leaf waste, produced by Ananas Anam, a B-Corp certified company.
- Leather production waste: For the cork collections, a backing produced using leather and latex waste was used. The manufacturer is based in Germany and is OEKO-TEX certified. They are also the world's first EMAS-certified producer of leather fibres.
- Fabric remnants: The face masks are made from remnants of locally recovered stock.
In order to minimise the problem of microplastics, we have decided to use recycled polyester only in products that do not require full washing but can be washed rarely, using a damp rag or sponge.
The packaging is also designed to protect the environment.
- Boxes: We use kraft cardboard boxes made from at least 90% recycled cardboard and printed with water-based ink. Fully compostable and biodegradable. All the material used is FSC certified. The boxes are manufactured in Poland, and the company also declares that it complies with EU labour regulations.
- Tags: We use tags made from FSC-certified kraft paper.
- E-commerce bags: Our e-commerce bags are "Ok Compost" certified compostable bags made from corn starch. The boxes are manufactured in Poland, and the company declares that it complies with EU labour regulations.